For over 50 years the Teletronix LA-2A has been revered for its smooth, natural, musical compression. WIth its unique tube-driven electro-optical attenuator system that allows instantaneous gain reduction with no increase in harmonic distortion, the LA-2A massages signals like no other compressor ever made.
The Teletronix Story
Teletronix founder Jim Lawrence first used photocells for controlling audio gain in the early 1960s. His ingenious optical compression design was a technological breakthrough, far surpassing the stability and transparency of earlier circuits. Universal Audio founder M.T. ”Bill” Putnam later purchased this patented technology, continuing to manufacture the LA-2A for years to come.
The Real Deal
Universal Audio’s Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier reissue provides the performance characteristics of the iconic original. With painstaking care, every new LA-2A unit is point-to-point handwired in Scotts Valley, California, with every component carefully evaluated for authenticity. As a result, today’s LA-2A will bring the same legendary compression characteristics of the original to all of your recordings. Demand the original. Accept no copy.
• True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
• Lag free, distortion free optical attenuator system
• Distortion less than 0.5% THD
• 0 to 40 dB gain limiting
• Balanced stereo interconnection
• Frequency response 1 dB, 30 to 15,000 cps
• Output level of 10 dBm and 40 dB gain
• Low noise – less than 70 dB below ±10 dBm output