• 18 x 20 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with powerful Console 2.0 software control
• 16 x 16 simultaneous analog I/O on DB-25 connections, plus L/R monitor outputs and AES/EBU digital I/O
• Next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz Apollo A/D and D/A conversion as heard on hundreds of hit records
• Built-in UAD-2 QUAD Core allows Realtime UAD Processing — tracking through DSP-assisted UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency, without draining CPU
• Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring authentic LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610 tube preamp, and more†
• Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt
• World-class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
• Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
***Apollo 16 includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
Flagship UA Audio Conversion with Classic Analog Sound
Apollo 16 is the flagship of Universal Audio’s acclaimed Apollo recording interface range for Mac and Windows — giving professional and commercial studios UA’s finest A/D and D/A conversion with the tone, feel, and realtime workflow of classic analog recording.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo 16 distinguishes itself with 16 x 16 analog I/O, onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core processing, and an included bundle of award-winning UAD plug-ins — which you can track through with near-zero latency, shaping sounds like a classic analog studio — without taxing your host Mac or PC.
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
The original Apollo interface quickly became a gold standard among modern music producers and engineers, tracking literally hundreds of hit records. Apollo 16 improves upon this studio standard with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion — offering 2 dB better A/D and 8 dB better D/A dynamic range versus the original Apollo. Tuned through an obsessive auditioning of converters and double-blind listening tests, Apollo 16’s sound quality is extremely open and natural, rivaling or exceeding dedicated mastering-grade converters costing thousands more.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo 16 provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the legendary Pultec EQs, and the UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine Fairchild 670 compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, you can tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU.
With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more, it’s like having an endless analog studio, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
A Scalable 64 x 64 Thunderbolt System for Professional Studios
Apollo 16 is the ideal interface for professional studios, offering 16 x 16 analog I/O on DB-25 connections — twice the analog connectivity of the Apollo 8/8p models — plus L/R monitor outputs and AES/EBU digital I/O. This makes it perfect for pairing with mixing consoles or other outboard processors at the center of a modern studio.
When it’s time to expand, Apollo 16’s dual built-in Thunderbolt ports allow you to add up to three additional Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — for a networked system with 64 x 64 simultaneous analog I/O and 32 cores of UAD plug-in processing. Apollo 16 also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.