The SOFIA 568 provides analog, AES3-digital and AoIP-streaming audio outputs. It collects histograms of signal parameters and dis-plays HD Radio album artwork, station logos and similar visuals via the Web interface.
Multiple stations can be sequentially monitored using the programmable StationRotation feature. The SOFIA 568 includes a built-in BandScanner, a real-time clock and full SNMP functionality.
The elite SiteStreamer+ (‘Plus’) series offers advanced features for the most critical monitoring situations.
SiteStreamers also deliver important RF and audio signal measurements and dispatch email or text-message alarms for out-of-limits conditions and other reception errors.
BASIC SITESTREAMER FEATURES:
• Install the SiteStreamer within the reception contour of your station and monitor off-air ana-log FM or HD Radio signals (HD1-HD8) via the Web from anywhere in the world.
• The built-in BandScanner displays a spectrum plot of the entire FM band (or a user-selected portion) and identifies HD Radio transmissions.
• Gives local and remote readout of all pertinent FM/RDS and HD/PAD data.
• Easy front-panel setup uses jog-wheel menu navigation and the front-panel readout. The corresponding Web interface offers a detailed presentation and additional options.
• Stays on-channel and on-mode through signal and power loss; does not auto-blend between FM and HD like a consumer radio.
• Front-panel alarms and/or rear-panel ‘tallies’ indicate Audio Loss, Low Signal, RDS Errors and HD Reception Loss.
• ‘Split Mode’ audio monitoring aids transmission diversity delay setup.
• When issued, free firmware updates are easily installed in the field or remotely through the Web interface.
SOFIA 568 SITESTREAMER+ ADDED FEATURES:
• The half-rack package features an OLED hi-res graphic display, wide-range LED level meters and individ-ual alarm LEDs with rear-panel tallies.
• Real-Time Clock has battery backup.
• SNMP utility is fully supported.
• GPOs may be user-assigned to specific alarm functions.
• Fulltime off-air program audio is available simultaneously as L/R-analog, AES3-digital and Dante®-based AES67 AoIP streaming, all with adjustable levels, plus a multi-listener • Internet IP stream and front-panel headphone jack.
• The SOFIA 568 Internet-listening stream supports up to 10 listeners at once.
• Enhanced alarm logging includes the duration of each alarm, and there is virtually no limit to the number of alarms that can be logged.
• Download a complete log randomly, or automatically daily, weekly or monthly.
Specifications Tuning Range: 87.5MHz to 107.9MHz in 100kHz steps. Antenna Input: 75Ů (BNC) Sensitivity/SNR: 10dBµV required for 50dB mono-FM S/N. Audio Response
• FM: ±1dB, 30Hz – 15kHz; de-emphasis is programmable at 75µs or 50µs or OFF.
• HD Radio: ±0.25dB, 20Hz – 20kHz. Reception Modes
• FM: Stereo / Stereo Auto-Blend / Forced-Mono.
• HD Radio: HD1 through HD8; ‘Split Mode’ delivers L+R FM to the left audio channel and L+R HD1 to the right. RDS Fields Displayed: PS, PI (and call), RT, RT+1, RT+2, PTY, PTYN, C/T, M/S, DI, TP, TA; RDS Block Error Rate, Groups Transmitted (with use statistics), AF, ODA. HD PAD Data Displayed:
• SIS: Short Name, Universal Name, Station ID, Slogan, Message, Station Location.
• Misc: Service Mode, Codec Mode, TX Gain, TX Blend Control.
• PSD (HD1-HD8, each): Slogan, PTY, Artist, Title, Album; Logo and/or Artist Experience graphics. Graphs and Metering: L, R, L+R and L–R Program Audio; Audio Histogram; RSSI, RF SNR, HD Level and Cd/No levels and histograms. Program Audio Outputs:
• Balanced Analog (XLR) Left and Right outputs are adjustable from –15dBu to +15dBu in 0.1dB steps.
• AES Digital (XLR) output at 44.1kHz or 48kHz is adjustable from –30dBFS to 0dBFS in 0.1dB steps.
• Headphone Jack (3.5mm TRS) has adjustable listening level. Streaming Audio: MP3 or OGG (selectable) streams have bitrates from 32kbps to 256kbps and sampling rates from 16kHz to 48kHz. Alarms
• Audio Loss: Alarm responds to the monitored service (FM or HD Radio). Alarm On/Off thresholds and Time On/Off intervals are programmable.
• Low Signal: Alarm and reset trigger levels are independently adjustable relative to the FM carrier level display and have programmable Time On/Off timings.
• RDS Alarm: Programmable Time On/Off for RDS Loss or PI Error.
• Pilot Loss: Programmable Time On/Off for loss of Stereo Pilot.
• HD Loss: Fixed metrics determine loss of HD Radio reception; programmable Time On/Off.
• Email Alerts: Email or SMS/text-messaging can alert selected personnel to specific alarms.
• Alarm ‘Tallies’: Individual open-collector NPN transistor outputs to ground are programmable for logic polarity and GPO assignment. Real-Time Clock: Auto-sets to Internet time; auto/manual DST setting, battery backup. AoIP Port: Dante-based, AES67-compatible (selectable) AoIP utility has independent IP, Audio Format and Transmit Flow settings. LAN Port: LAN connection to local network or Internet provides remote monitoring (listening and SOFIA 568 control); user-programmable network setup and streaming parameters. Power Requirement: 12VDC at 450mA; a universal 90-240VAC inline switching power supply is included with the SOFIA 568 SiteStreamer. Mounting Options: An optional rack adapter mounts one or two half-rack modules in a 1U, 19-inch rack space. Size and Weight: 1.6”H x 8”W x 6”D; 5 lbs. shipping weight.