This streamlined DSP-based design gives broadcasters total leverage over the most important sonic ‘signature’ parameters, and the ease of control to optimize audio quickly and effectively.
Processing includes 5 bands of dynamics compression and equalization, intelligent gain-riding AGC (Automatic Gain Control), sub-bass and stereo field enhancements, and our proprietary PIPP (Polarity Independent Peak Processing) limiter. The DAVID IV combines audio processing with a high quality FM stereo generator that also includes internal metering and combining for the RDS/RBDS RadioData subcarrier.
Setup is quick, and operation is intuitive via the front-panel interface or included remote PC software. Presets are provided for popular world formats*, and user settings can easily be saved/backed up and shared over station networks. TCP/IP connectivity is virtually automatic and allows full remote control and access from anywhere in the world. Processing and stereo generator aside, the DAVID IV features a rugged closed box design (no fans or heat-sinks needed), with ultra low latency hardware allowing for direct off-air monitoring, and power to live audio in less than 1 second.
With tight lows, open mids, crisp but controlled highs, and the dynamic flexibility to really stand out, the DAVID IV’s sound promises results on par with products more than double or triple it’s price class. It has never been easier (or more affordable) to achieve maximum audio performance without breaking the budget.
• Ultra low latency, all-digital DSP based design.
• 5 bands of adjustable dynamic range compression and 'graphic-EQ' .
• Adjustable gain-riding AGC with "intelligent" gating.
• Low-bass enhancements with independent 'Rumble' and 'Punch' adjustments.
• Stereo field processing to adjust the listening sound stage.
• Programmable high-pass function eliminates modulation-robbing sub-bass frequencies.
• Inovonics' proprietary PIPP™ (Polarity Independent Peak Processing) limiter ensures maximum carrier density.
• AES3 digital input and outputs(XLR), accepting sampling rates of 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz.
• Left/Right analog inputs and outputs (XLR) and multiple independent Composite MPX outputs.
• 'Adaptive pre-emphasis' high-frequency limiting for FM.
• Easy setup and control via the front panel, and remote access control that conforms to TCIP/IP protocols.
• Built in Stereocoder (Stereo-Gen) with internal RDS metering and combining.
• 25 factory presets optimized for popular radio formats included, and 20 customizable user presets that can be downloaded and shared as small files.