The INOmini 673 is Inovonics’ second-generation, small form-factor FM broadcast monitor for professional applications. A sensitive and selective off-air receiver for standard analog-FM broadcasts, it has application as a ‘confidence monitor’ or as a rebroadcast receiver in FM translator service. The 673 decodes and displays the most important data from RDS/RBDS data groups as well.
The INOmini 673 gives front-panel and remote alarm indications of program and RDS transmission errors. It can also deliver a high-quality audio feed for program distribution throughout the broadcast facility with adjustable analog and AES digital audio outputs.
• A sensitive and selective DSP-based (SDR) receiver with extended band coverage down to 64MHz.
• Easy front-panel setup uses jog-wheel menu navigation with a large LCD display. Accurate, hi-res metering shows RF signal and audio levels; critical system menus are hidden.
• Front-panel display of most-essential RDS/RBDS information including RT+ ‘tagging’ data.
• Balanced analog and AES-digital program line outputs are available simultaneously; levels are independently adjustable.
• Flashing-red front-panel alarms and rear-panel ‘tallies’ indicate RDS Loss or PI Error, Low Signal and Audio Program Loss.
• All receiver setup parameters are held in non-volatile memory.
• When issued, free firmware updates are easily installed in the field.
Specifications Tuning Range
- Extended FM band: 64MHz to 108MHz in 100kHz steps Antenna Input
- 75-ohm (F) Sensitivity/SNR
- 10dB?V for 50dB monaural S/N; 35dBuV for 70dB monaural S/N IF Bandwidth
- Auto (signal-adaptive) or manual selection of 110kHz, 84kHz, 60kHz, 40kHz Audio Bandwidth
- 15kHz or may be manually restricted in steps down to 2kHz De-Emphasis
- 75?s/50?s selectable Reception Modes
- Stereo, Auto-Blended Stereo (with front-panel stereo width display), Forced-Mono RDS Fields Displayed
AF, CT, DI, M/S, PI, PS, PTY, PTYN, RT, RT+, TA, TP, Groups Received; RDS or RBDS protocols are selectable. Program Audio Output(s)
- Balanced Analog (XLR) Left and Right outputs are adjustable from –15dBu to +15dBu in 0.2dB steps.
- AES Digital (XLR) output at 44.1kHz is adjustable from –30dBFS to 0dBFS in 0.2dB steps.
- Headphone Jack (3.5mm TRS) has adjustable listening level. Alarms
- RDS: Alarm signals loss of RDS data or error between received PI code and a user-programmable PI code entry.
- Low Signal: Alarm and reset trigger levels are independently adjustable relative to the RF signal level display.
- Audio Loss: Alarm threshold is adjustable between 0dB and –40dB; the alarm delay interval is adjustable between OFF and 120 seconds.
- Alarm “Tallies”: Individual opencollector NPN transistor outputs to ground are programmable for logic polarity. USB Port
- The front-panel mini-USB port allows the quick uploading of firmware updates when issued. Power Requirement
- 12VDC at 290mA; a universal inline switching power supply is included with the INOmini 673 receiver. Mounting Options
- An optional rack adapter accepts up to three INOmini
- modules in a 1U, 19-inch rack space. The 673 also may easily be fastened to any convenient surface with two small screws. Size and Weight
- 1.6”H x 5.5”W x 5.5”D; 4 lbs. shipping weight.