The INOmini 639 is an FM and FM/HD Radio receiver for professional off-air broadcast monitoring. It receives standard analog-FM broadcast transmissions as well as FM/HD Radio digital broadcasts transmitted ‘in-band, onchannel’ via the FM station’s associated HD1 through HD8 auxiliary digital broadcasting channels.
Analog and digital FM programs are each accompanied by digitized text and housekeeping data. Analog-FM RDS (Radio Data System) and digital-HD Radio PAD (Program- Associated Data) are shown on the INOmini 639 front-panel LCD display, along with incoming signal quality and other information. Additionally, RDS and PAD data may be accessed through the front-panel USB connector for computer analysis and logging.
A leading feature of the INOmini 639 is that it does not automatically revert to FM reception if the digital signal is lost. This is of critical importance to the broadcaster, but makes this product somewhat unsuited to general consumer use.
•Reception of all standard FM and FM-band HD Radio broadcasts
•Easy setup using the LCD screen and jog-wheel navigation of the receiver’s menu tree
•Direct display of RT+ ‘tagging’ data
•Analog L/R and AES-digital program line outputs
•Front-panel alarms with rear-panel ‘tallies’ for Carrier Loss, Digital Program Loss and Audio Loss
•Accurate front-panel program audio level display
•Front-panel headphone jack
• Firmware updateable via USB
• Simultaneous RDS and HD PAD data logging via USB and Windows software
• Independently adjustable output levels ◦ Analog range: -15dBu to +15dBu
• Digital AES range: -30dBFS to 0dBFS
• Adjustable on/off thresholds for Low Signal alarm
• Adjustable threshold for Audio Loss alarm
• Adjustable alarm output polarity
• Better FM RDS decoding
• Additional signal metrics ◦ SNR, Multipath, HD Level
• Helpful for antenna alignment for best FM or HD reception
• Always displays available HD programs
• Displays additional HD PAD data ◦ Slogan, FCC ID, Album, Genre
• Primary Service Mode, Codec Mode
• Transmit Gain, Transmit Blend Control